TAG | strategy
If you’ve ever been involved in a website project, then you know content can get neglected. The process of writing, reviewing, analyzing, and optimizing can be daunting. Is the vendor writing? Is the client writing? The ball gets passed around and around until the site gets populated with fragmented content that might not be completely relevant for its users.
So what is a content strategy?
Content strategy plans for the creation, publication, and governance of useful, usable content.
A content strategist not only worries about time tables, but also content themes, content alignment with business goals, search engine optimization, editorial (voice/legal/etc), and metadata.
Content strategists are adjacent to a lot existing positions:
Why do I need a Content Strategy?
- it’s delaying your website launch
- your current content is written by technologists, marketers, management…too many voices!
- team members end up being pulled off their daily duties
- your company does not get represented to its full potential
- well researched and written content will help you get found and convert more business
Make sure you give your content the appropriate attention in your next web project. It will make all the difference.